Knicks · Rokas Jokubaitis alert (page 2)

Nalod @ 11/1/2021 6:25 PM
NYKMentality wrote:
Nalod wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:I wouldn't trade away this kid for future assets. I'd love to see our front office continue to watch his development overseas (while holding onto him).

He's only 20 years of age and with Kemba Walker being 31 years old and Derrick Rose being 33 years old; Rokas Jokubaitis could develop into our next starting PG.

He's beginning to look really promising.


Why stop there, he can be the Next Doncic;............43 second video got me sold!!!

Who said anything about Doncic?

Wanting to develop a future starting PG (potentially) and talking "Luka Dončić" is an extreme difference.

Lighten up Francis, nobody is ruining your cheer. We just having fun.
Yes, he could be our next PG, or next trade throw in. Nobody knows. We know our guys ages. We practically memorize there salaries too. Your on with guys that know a lot more than you give credit for.

martin @ 11/12/2021 2:46 PM
BigDaddyG @ 11/12/2021 3:08 PM
martin wrote:

Are you trying to send Kemba a message?

Panos @ 11/12/2021 8:27 PM
Talk about a small sample size. We're taking about 13 shots.
Vmart @ 11/13/2021 10:18 AM
I can see all the DNPs. Under Thibs this dude doesn’t have a shot in hell.
TPercy @ 11/13/2021 11:53 AM
let bro develop in spain and shit
BigDaddyG @ 11/19/2021 11:25 AM
Encouraging Rokas thread.

The highlight of the thread IMHO. Rokas takes on Orange Jazzmatazz to see who will take the mantle of being the Knicks European PG of the future
Caseloads @ 11/19/2021 12:25 PM
we would be lucky for kemba to drive to the rack like that
martin @ 11/21/2021 12:01 PM
Just read the thread above and loved this part:

BigDaddyG @ 11/22/2021 7:29 PM
I'm not sure how much of this translates in the NBA, but love the fact that he's consistent snaking into the paint. Wish he was more explosive, but he's impressing me more and more with his physicality
Panos @ 11/22/2021 9:24 PM
I don’t put any stock in anything players do overseas. NBA is a totally different ball of wax. Luka Vildoza looked good on tape too.
martin @ 11/22/2021 10:07 PM
Panos wrote:I don’t put any stock in anything players do overseas. NBA is a totally different ball of wax. Luka Vildoza looked good on tape too.

Like across the board? Odd take

SupremeCommander @ 11/23/2021 2:20 PM
martin wrote:Just read the thread above and loved this part:

I like it but am categorizing it more as 'promising'. I like the percentages, but i need raw production. Luka was 15.5/5/3 for context. 6/2/3 is a ways away from that. I think he'll get better but I think there are guys ahead of him on the depth chart here, let him get experience there a little longer

93BUICK @ 11/23/2021 6:34 PM
TPercy wrote:let bro develop in spain and shit

Lol that's what they say about me too
I'm living in Barcelona- Ready to do some UK Scouting just need a budget -

Jmpasq @ 11/24/2021 6:59 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:I wouldn't trade away this kid for future assets. I'd love to see our front office continue to watch his development overseas (while holding onto him).

He's only 20 years of age and with Kemba Walker being 31 years old and Derrick Rose being 33 years old; Rokas Jokubaitis could develop into our next starting PG.

He's beginning to look really promising.

He could just as easily be our next Frankie too. Was nothing learned about drooling over yoots with FIBA highlights?

His Euro highlights, outside of defense, against older men look far more impressive than Franks. Also, this is a much higher level of Euro ball than what Frank played at.


He lacks burst which will seriously impede his ability to the be the primary ball handler in the NBA. Unless they have elite court vision and passing ability lead guards need to be able to create downhill oppurtunties off the dribble. I don't see that ability here.
martin @ 11/24/2021 10:22 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:I wouldn't trade away this kid for future assets. I'd love to see our front office continue to watch his development overseas (while holding onto him).

He's only 20 years of age and with Kemba Walker being 31 years old and Derrick Rose being 33 years old; Rokas Jokubaitis could develop into our next starting PG.

He's beginning to look really promising.

He could just as easily be our next Frankie too. Was nothing learned about drooling over yoots with FIBA highlights?

His Euro highlights, outside of defense, against older men look far more impressive than Franks. Also, this is a much higher level of Euro ball than what Frank played at.


He lacks burst which will seriously impede his ability to the be the primary ball handler in the NBA. Unless they have elite court vision and passing ability lead guards need to be able to create downhill oppurtunties off the dribble. I don't see that ability here.

I too think he may lack elite burst but he is also sneaky quick and deceptive with dribble and hesitation which is just as good in the big picture of things. He won't be able to have the ball in his hands and just blow by whomever, whenever but he will get to his spots, and that's all you need to ask for. He has other ways to make it up, like finishing at rim and midrange and vision and euro-stepping.

Philc1 @ 11/24/2021 10:32 AM
Panos wrote:I don’t put any stock in anything players do overseas. NBA is a totally different ball of wax. Luka Vildoza looked good on tape too.

Yep. Different rules, different range on 3 point line and ofcourse different level of competition

BigDaddyG @ 11/24/2021 3:25 PM
martin wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:I wouldn't trade away this kid for future assets. I'd love to see our front office continue to watch his development overseas (while holding onto him).

He's only 20 years of age and with Kemba Walker being 31 years old and Derrick Rose being 33 years old; Rokas Jokubaitis could develop into our next starting PG.

He's beginning to look really promising.

He could just as easily be our next Frankie too. Was nothing learned about drooling over yoots with FIBA highlights?

His Euro highlights, outside of defense, against older men look far more impressive than Franks. Also, this is a much higher level of Euro ball than what Frank played at.


He lacks burst which will seriously impede his ability to the be the primary ball handler in the NBA. Unless they have elite court vision and passing ability lead guards need to be able to create downhill oppurtunties off the dribble. I don't see that ability here.

I too think he may lack elite burst but he is also sneaky quick and deceptive with dribble and hesitation which is just as good in the big picture of things. He won't be able to have the ball in his hands and just blow by whomever, whenever but he will get to his spots, and that's all you need to ask for. He has other ways to make it up, like finishing at rim and midrange and vision and euro-stepping.

Also, Luka looked slow as hell in Europe. Rokas clearly isn't as good as Luka, but one comparison I can make is that they both held up physically at a young age. I've heard from countless current and former players that the D is more physical in that league then it is in the NBA. If Rokas can play there, he's definitely tough enough for the NBA. Also possible the extra space makes his first step pop as well. Definitely worth watching his progression.

Jmpasq @ 11/24/2021 7:35 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:I wouldn't trade away this kid for future assets. I'd love to see our front office continue to watch his development overseas (while holding onto him).

He's only 20 years of age and with Kemba Walker being 31 years old and Derrick Rose being 33 years old; Rokas Jokubaitis could develop into our next starting PG.

He's beginning to look really promising.

He could just as easily be our next Frankie too. Was nothing learned about drooling over yoots with FIBA highlights?

His Euro highlights, outside of defense, against older men look far more impressive than Franks. Also, this is a much higher level of Euro ball than what Frank played at.


He lacks burst which will seriously impede his ability to the be the primary ball handler in the NBA. Unless they have elite court vision and passing ability lead guards need to be able to create downhill oppurtunties off the dribble. I don't see that ability here.

I too think he may lack elite burst but he is also sneaky quick and deceptive with dribble and hesitation which is just as good in the big picture of things. He won't be able to have the ball in his hands and just blow by whomever, whenever but he will get to his spots, and that's all you need to ask for. He has other ways to make it up, like finishing at rim and midrange and vision and euro-stepping.

Also, Luka looked slow as hell in Europe. Rokas clearly isn't as good as Luka, but one comparison I can make is that they both held up physically at a young age. I've heard from countless current and former players that the D is more physical in that league then it is in the NBA. If Rokas can play there, he's definitely tough enough for the NBA. Also possible the extra space makes his first step pop as well. Definitely worth watching his progression.

Lukas court vision and passing ability is elite. You think he is a better prospect than Quickley or Mcbride? Don't see him getting to much burn here especially at PG

BigDaddyG @ 11/24/2021 7:57 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:I wouldn't trade away this kid for future assets. I'd love to see our front office continue to watch his development overseas (while holding onto him).

He's only 20 years of age and with Kemba Walker being 31 years old and Derrick Rose being 33 years old; Rokas Jokubaitis could develop into our next starting PG.

He's beginning to look really promising.

He could just as easily be our next Frankie too. Was nothing learned about drooling over yoots with FIBA highlights?

His Euro highlights, outside of defense, against older men look far more impressive than Franks. Also, this is a much higher level of Euro ball than what Frank played at.


He lacks burst which will seriously impede his ability to the be the primary ball handler in the NBA. Unless they have elite court vision and passing ability lead guards need to be able to create downhill oppurtunties off the dribble. I don't see that ability here.

I too think he may lack elite burst but he is also sneaky quick and deceptive with dribble and hesitation which is just as good in the big picture of things. He won't be able to have the ball in his hands and just blow by whomever, whenever but he will get to his spots, and that's all you need to ask for. He has other ways to make it up, like finishing at rim and midrange and vision and euro-stepping.

Also, Luka looked slow as hell in Europe. Rokas clearly isn't as good as Luka, but one comparison I can make is that they both held up physically at a young age. I've heard from countless current and former players that the D is more physical in that league then it is in the NBA. If Rokas can play there, he's definitely tough enough for the NBA. Also possible the extra space makes his first step pop as well. Definitely worth watching his progression.

Lukas court vision and passing ability is elite. You think he is a better prospect than Quickley or Mcbride? Don't see him getting to much burn here especially at PG


Can't answer that till he makes it here. I can say that he has shown better finishing abilities than IQ did last year and he appears to have better vision than both. Also, was referring to Lukas ability to drive past his man using footwork, hesitations and positioning. Yes, defenders are slower in the ACB. But they are more physical and the fact that this kid isn't getting pushed around is promising.
Clean @ 11/26/2021 5:41 PM
Page 2 of 13