Knicks · The NBA summer of fun!……..2022 (DRAFT, FA, Trades) (page 67)

Clean @ 9/23/2022 8:40 PM

This man knows the truth. Randle got a lot of credit for our good year but the real reason for it was Rose. We were out of the playoffs until we traded for Rose.

On a random note, every time I come into this thread scrolling past those Nia Long pictures put me in a better mood.

Clean @ 9/23/2022 9:43 PM
GustavBahler @ 9/24/2022 12:45 AM
Dont believe its anything like that. Lonzo has experienced trouble staying on the court, since he was drafted. Plays at a high clip. Wear and tear. I was hoping he would be a Knick, but that probably wouldnt have turned out well.

LivingLegend wrote:
Clean wrote:
We dodged a huge bullet here. I like him as a player but man his injury history is really bad.

Am I the only one who is wondering if Lonzo is either trying get out of Chicago or retire altogether with an injury settlement?

I know that’s an extreme take but it just seems like he is perpetually having setbacks without ever really getting on the floor - just seems odd.

wargames @ 9/24/2022 6:10 AM
Clean wrote:

The Celtics better hope they did not ruin another players career. Like I said with Kemba last year when he was said to have minor discomfort. Knee injuries are serious business. There is too much running in basketball for people to not take them seriously. The way they had him playing months with a really bad knee is not good. Just like they had IT doing the same with a really bad hip.

Add this to the dysfunction of them putting Jaylen Brown on the market and Ime Udoka and I would be surprised if they make it to the finals.

Philc1 @ 9/24/2022 9:43 AM
GustavBahler wrote:Dont believe its anything like that. Lonzo has experienced trouble staying on the court, since he was drafted. Plays at a high clip. Wear and tear. I was hoping he would be a Knick, but that probably wouldnt have turned out well.

LivingLegend wrote:
Clean wrote:
We dodged a huge bullet here. I like him as a player but man his injury history is really bad.

Am I the only one who is wondering if Lonzo is either trying get out of Chicago or retire altogether with an injury settlement?

I know that’s an extreme take but it just seems like he is perpetually having setbacks without ever really getting on the floor - just seems odd.

We really dodged a bullet with this guy. And people were fellating the bulls last year for signing him and Derozan

SergioNYK @ 9/24/2022 10:42 AM
Chicago could be this years 'Knicks' and end up with a huge decline from last season. Not sure DeRozan can duplicate last season either.
Philc1 @ 9/24/2022 11:45 AM
SergioNYK wrote:Chicago could be this years 'Knicks' and end up with a huge decline from last season. Not sure DeRozan can duplicate last season either.

I’d love that

jskinny35 @ 9/24/2022 2:15 PM
Philc1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Dont believe its anything like that. Lonzo has experienced trouble staying on the court, since he was drafted. Plays at a high clip. Wear and tear. I was hoping he would be a Knick, but that probably wouldnt have turned out well.

LivingLegend wrote:
Clean wrote:
We dodged a huge bullet here. I like him as a player but man his injury history is really bad.

Am I the only one who is wondering if Lonzo is either trying get out of Chicago or retire altogether with an injury settlement?

I know that’s an extreme take but it just seems like he is perpetually having setbacks without ever really getting on the floor - just seems odd.

We really dodged a bullet with this guy. And people were fellating the bulls last year for signing him and Derozan

No one really knows what will happen once a player is acquired. Injuries happen and are unavoidable for the most part. The talent and reasoning for thinking Ball would help our team is still valid. It's not like he was G. Oden w/red flags. Maybe Ball signing here doesn't result in the current injury issue/status. I for one liked Ball (but not Derozan) and do think his talent would have complemented this roster...if healthy - maybe even more then Brunson due to his defensive ability.

wargames @ 9/24/2022 4:49 PM
I am actually waiting to see what players end up on the move. The Knicks have assets to make moves.
Page 67 of 67