Knicks · Knick knacks... (page 57)

LivingLegend @ 11/19/2023 11:48 PM
Knicks #1 in PPG allowed and #5 in Point Differential in entire league.

Thibs --- his system/philosophy (protect the paint 1st) works better when Mitchy manning paint and everyone working hard.

I would bet we fight over-top of more screens than any other team in the league - kudos to Grimes, Hart, IQ, DD and even Brunson/RJ for the most part.

LivingLegend @ 11/19/2023 11:53 PM
martin wrote:
ToddTT wrote:

WOW and WOW --- I've suggested in past that Mitch's offensive rebounding is overrated because he's near the hoop more than most centers but this year he is clearly been on a mission and has matured beyond any criticism.

Keep working hard big fella and stay healthy ---- nice to see how he has continued to improve body/game/preparation.

BigDaddyG @ 11/20/2023 4:15 PM
We're never seeing the number 1 overall pick as long as Silver is commissioner. 🤣
https://nypost.com/2023/11/20/sports/kni...

The Knicks are seeking over $10 million in their lawsuit against the Raptors and argue that Adam Silver would be compromised as an arbiter because of his cozy relationship with Toronto minority owner Larry Tanenbaum, according to a 24-page response filed Monday in a New York court.

The filing, which was a response to the Raptors’ motion to dismiss the lawsuit, focused on several reasons why the court should handle the dispute, rather than the NBA, including Tanenbaum’s current position as the NBA’s Chairman of the Board of Governors.


ToddTT @ 11/20/2023 5:50 PM
martin @ 11/20/2023 7:11 PM

martin @ 11/20/2023 8:15 PM
ToddTT @ 11/20/2023 8:19 PM
martin wrote:

That family is different.

ToddTT @ 11/20/2023 8:21 PM
ToddTT @ 11/20/2023 8:30 PM

Clean @ 11/21/2023 1:22 AM
LivingLegend @ 11/21/2023 9:45 AM
Clean wrote:

Obi 6 & 4 in 16 mins Sunday night.

GustavBahler @ 11/21/2023 9:55 AM
LivingLegend wrote:
Clean wrote:

Obi 6 & 4 in 16 mins Sunday night.

Looks like Obi found a good landing spot. We'll see what happens with Jacob.

BigDaddyG @ 11/21/2023 12:12 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
Clean wrote:

Obi 6 & 4 in 16 mins Sunday night.

Looks like Obi found a good landing spot. We'll see what happens with Jacob.


It's a bit troubling that Obi landed in one of the best situations for his game possible and he's still doing the same things he did with us. He's only getting about 5-6 more minutes of playing time and he's still scoring at about the same clip per minute. If anything, I think playing for Indiana is exposing him even more as a role player.
LivingLegend @ 11/21/2023 8:48 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
Clean wrote:

Obi 6 & 4 in 16 mins Sunday night.

Looks like Obi found a good landing spot. We'll see what happens with Jacob.


It's a bit troubling that Obi landed in one of the best situations for his game possible and he's still doing the same things he did with us. He's only getting about 5-6 more minutes of playing time and he's still scoring at about the same clip per minute. If anything, I think playing for Indiana is exposing him even more as a role player.

More troubling - Obi benched tonight in favor of A Nesmith.

Thought whole purpose of him breaking out was him running with Halliburton.

Way early but the early glimpses I saw of Obi in Indy —- he was still afraid to get to the rim thru contact.

ToddTT @ 11/21/2023 9:05 PM
On cue…

martin @ 11/21/2023 9:11 PM
wow

ToddTT wrote:On cue…

LivingLegend @ 11/21/2023 10:26 PM
LivingLegend wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
Clean wrote:

Obi 6 & 4 in 16 mins Sunday night.

Looks like Obi found a good landing spot. We'll see what happens with Jacob.


It's a bit troubling that Obi landed in one of the best situations for his game possible and he's still doing the same things he did with us. He's only getting about 5-6 more minutes of playing time and he's still scoring at about the same clip per minute. If anything, I think playing for Indiana is exposing him even more as a role player.

More troubling - Obi benched tonight in favor of A Nesmith.

Thought whole purpose of him breaking out was him running with Halliburton.

Way early but the early glimpses I saw of Obi in Indy —- he was still afraid to get to the rim thru contact.

21 and 6 and get 35 mins off bench tonight but 0ver 300 points in this game - WOW

KnickDanger @ 11/22/2023 10:06 AM
I haven’t seen the games but box scores reveal pathetic rebounding numbers for Obi. Yes, last night he had 21 points and 6 assists. But one rebound. In a game where almost 200 shots were attempted. In 34 minutes. As a power forward.
LivingLegend @ 11/22/2023 10:12 AM
LivingLegend wrote:Knicks #1 in PPG allowed and #5 in Point Differential in entire league.

Thibs --- his system/philosophy (protect the paint 1st) works better when Mitchy manning paint and everyone working hard.

I would bet we fight over-top of more screens than any other team in the league - kudos to Grimes, Hart, IQ, DD and even Brunson/RJ for the most part.

The second I post something like this we suck - every time

Nalod @ 11/22/2023 11:47 AM
KnickDanger wrote:I haven’t seen the games but box scores reveal pathetic rebounding numbers for Obi. Yes, last night he had 21 points and 6 assists. But one rebound. In a game where almost 200 shots were attempted. In 34 minutes. As a power forward.

he had a negative +- as well. not the only one of course. Weird he played big minutes but not as a starter.
They are full throttle offense this year.
He is getting what he wanted which was the opportunity to start and play consistent minutes even if off the bench. Its a long season, lets not be too hasty in our evaluations. He is playing for a contract.

KnickDanger @ 11/22/2023 11:57 AM
Nalod wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:I haven’t seen the games but box scores reveal pathetic rebounding numbers for Obi. Yes, last night he had 21 points and 6 assists. But one rebound. In a game where almost 200 shots were attempted. In 34 minutes. As a power forward.

he had a negative +- as well. not the only one of course. Weird he played big minutes but not as a starter.
They are full throttle offense this year.
He is getting what he wanted which was the opportunity to start and play consistent minutes even if off the bench. Its a long season, lets not be too hasty in our evaluations. He is playing for a contract.

Just noticing the guy hasn't gotten rebounds, not just last night.

Page 57 of 104